Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Home for the Holidays


Back in the Deep South through Jan. 3. Following 3 days in my favorite deer stands I've seen the typical over population of whitetail does and a few immature bucks. Did see the strangest thing yesterday afternoon. A one antler spike buck obviously a 1 1/2 yr old stood on his hind legs in the green field and walked backwards about 10 feet to rub his preorbital gland on a high limb. This is typical pre-rut behavior but the bipedal action was almost surreal. One can enjoy many strange phenomena in the wild! Can you believe 44 does in 3 days? No I did not practice the recommended QDM by harvesting a few. Mainly because I'm just glad to be spending time with the wife and son following 74 days in north VA. Didn't really want to take the time to process the venison. Hunting Mississippi next week. The Verizon aircard service is very limited here at home these days and uploading photos is quite the challenge. This photo was taken the 1st week of Dec. in Shenandoah NP. These youngsters were giving me a show. I understand there is about 12 inches of snow up there today.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are home. Enjoy that time together and make a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete

My friends advise that "word verification" is needed to block out the spam. Thanks for taking the time to word verify!