Saturday, December 12, 2009

He Frowns on the Mountain





The Lord works in mysterious ways. I believe He also has a sense of humor. When I ask Him for something to write about all I need to do is just observe the mountain. Reviewing my photo log tonight, it became obvious. You see, I do not believe in coincidence. Although I am educated in the field of biological sciences, "scientific anomalies", systematic sampling, and probabilities, as a Christian I believe the Lord is indeed omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Therefore, since the Lord is personally involved in my circumstances each day, coincidence does not exist in my life. These photos are of one I have named the "Frowning One". The second was made on November 10. I immediately recognized this buck again this past Thursday. His disposition has not changed in the first photo of December 10. Yes, exactly 30 days and the same hour! This is one of the resident whitetail bucks at SNP which exhibits little concern for visitors. When I stopped, "Frowning One" stepped out onto Skyline Drive just behind my truck. I opened the truck door and walked within ten feet of him for the photograph. After I expressed appreciation for the photo, he turned around and stepped back to the edge covered in snow from December 5 which had become a solid sheet of ice. I observed as he had some degree of difficulty walking as his hooves found little traction. Leaving him to carry on, I drove on thanking God for the encounter. As a result of this day, I am reminded of scripture for all of us who have frowned from periods, or even seasons of unrest. "And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." Luke 12:29-31 NKJV. Dr. Charles Stanley teaches that as followers of Christ, "We can experience peace with God by accepting that He is involved in the daily circumstances of our lives and we may rest in His love and power. Then we will understand the peace of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My friends advise that "word verification" is needed to block out the spam. Thanks for taking the time to word verify!