Monday, November 23, 2009

Nothin' Runs Like a Deere


Believe me. This was a real "outdoor encounter", and a very expensive one! I don't recommend hunting shed antlers this way. A close friend of the family was mowing the pasture in September and called to say she had two flat tires. Yes, I said "she" and yes there were two flat tires, the right front and rear! She, name withheld to protect the innocent, enjoys driving the tractor. I enjoy my wife and her friend mowing the pasture so I can do other important things like sit in the shade and drink a Mountain Dew. Its my wife's '72 John Deere 2040. Yes, I said my "wife's" tractor. Talk about getting excited when I saw the mass of this shed antler. It measured 5 inches at the base with a 9" G-2. The tip of the main beam also punctured the tire. We took many photos and now the shed antler is placed on the wall of deer camp. Back to the tractor, I remember the first time I went to the "parts house" to pick up an oil filter. When the man brought it out I noticed the box was rather large. I told him it didn't look right. He replied, "You told me a John Deere 4020." Ahhhh...make that a 2040 please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My friends advise that "word verification" is needed to block out the spam. Thanks for taking the time to word verify!