Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"In John Deere Green"



Speaking of John Deere tractors, this bad boy delivers 530 horses with 18 forward speeds through a power shift transmission. Can you imagine the monthly fuel bill running 12 hour non-stop days, week after week? In tow are 2 fixed blade scraper "pans" with 21 cubic yard capacity each. Top speed about 35 mph. Talk about movin' the mountain! I shot this photo with the cell phone on my previous project located in east central AL. The far horizon is across the Chattahoochee River which forms the border between AL & GA. The irony is prior to this deployment and about 100 miles south, I spent 27 months in a rented camper on the bank of the Chattahoochee on the Georgia side. Yes, I've been blessed to see different colored soils and different colored tractors. So far, its all been south of the Mason Dixon Line. Meeting the family late tomorrow night down in the Great Smokies. To my friend and his son looking for that perfect photo of a "muy grande" buck in Shenandoah NP, I hope you enjoy the trip down and also hope the dense fog on the mountain clears for you. To my extended family in the Deep South, I'll be home for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are finally getting to see your family and that you will be home for Christmas. I have heard of the big buck you mentioned and looked for him on the last trip. Maybe this will be the day.

    I also hope the fog is gone, and that the 30 percent chance of rain means good weather for us. It will be my sons first trip to SNP and I am hoping he gets to see and photographs some bucks. But if not it will still be a boys day out for more bonding and that is the most important part of the trip.

    Have a safe trip to the Smokeys and enjoy your holiday, I get to work at the firehouse for another guy that is at hunting camp.

    ReplyDelete

My friends advise that "word verification" is needed to block out the spam. Thanks for taking the time to word verify!