Friday, January 1, 2010

A Way to Begin in 2010.


First day of 2010. I remember as a child thinking about how cars would probably be a thing of the past at this point in my life. People would be jetting around in miniture space ships. (LOL!). No, I still enjoy getting to the woods in my '75 CJ-5 Jeep. Out the door now at 10:00 a.m. to the out-of-doors day three of mid-day hunting Alabama. Full moon this week. I've learned that mature bucks have a tendency to move during this time of the day during full moon phases. I've been on a big one which I hope looks like the photo from SNP. Haven't seen him yet. That's why its called hunting and not shooting. Last night a friend brought over some seafood gumbo. We cooked some rice. Talk about a feast with the lasagna my wife prepared. Cajun and Italian! No where else but the Deep South for good food. I brought the new year end with an overfilled stomach and my head on the pillow...
Update: 6:30 p.m. - Cold front blew in today and did it blow. One doe braved the grass patch and then exited as the nor'easter moved the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My friends advise that "word verification" is needed to block out the spam. Thanks for taking the time to word verify!