Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where Is This Place?



Back to the blog after a month away as a result of a change on the work front. Last entry mentioned the unusual snow event I encountered during a travel day in the Deep South during February from the Nashville office to home in south Alabama. In the consulting business one must remain flexible and mobile to respond to the needs of the clients. Having just made a commitment for an apartment within close proximity to the office the boss walked by and asked if I could report to a critical project within (20) hours. The answer is always yes...its the nature of the business. The photo reflects fall foliage on the slope of a mountain which is renowned for civil war history and continues to be a primary tourist destination. I met my family here during November on a weekend while I was working in the Shenandoah National Park. This location is midway between northern Virginia and south Alabama. Actually, I met my wife and son on (2) occasions. Sticky Fingers Barbeque became our favorite pastime following visits to the Aquarium and Imax Theater. Figured it out yet? How about a few more hints. See Rock City. See Ruby Falls. The billboards and barn tops advertise this hotspots several hundred miles north or south of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Who would have thought that I would be working 25 miles north three months after the tram ride to the top of Lookout Mountain and the half slab of ribs, slaw, and baked beans downtown. Following a week at the airport extended stay hotel I moved close to the project to escape the Chat traffic. Then were long days of work followed by night internet courses to meet the objectives of the client. Tonight I celebrate the relocation and duration of the new project (in consideration of the status of the national economy-I am blessed), completion of the nightly cram sessions for certifications (passing the final exams), and flexibility to drive home on weekends to be with my family (SNP was a long, long way from home). I look forward to returning to this blog with new photos, new stories, and encounters with the Lord Jesus. "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." ISAIAH 64:4

2 comments:

  1. Jeff, I will drop you a note tonight. We just got back from Florida last night and back to work today so I am trying to catch up. You told me when you were meeting your family and the location but I be darned if I can remember. Lets try the Smokie Mountains, did I get it?

    Take care and stay safe, Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close enough! Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga, TN. Great Smokies are just up the road.

    ReplyDelete

My friends advise that "word verification" is needed to block out the spam. Thanks for taking the time to word verify!